EIPS Student Transportaions Code of Conduct
- Follow safe boarding and exiting procedures.
- Scan their bus pass when boarding and exiting their assigned bus.
- Sit safely in their assigned seat.
- Be accountable for their conduct when waiting for, boarding, and riding the bus.
- Only bring items that can be held on their lap while enclosed inside a standard student backpack.
- Refrain from eating or drinking on the school bus.
- Use electronic devices responsibly, which includes not taking pictures or video and audio recordings.
- Be familiar with the bus rules and expectations for student behaviour.
- Initiate and respond to communication with bus operators, Student Transportation staff, and appropriate school personnel.
- Assist children to be at their assigned bus stop two- to three-minutes before the scheduled pick-up time.
- Support student efforts to ensure students have a safe and caring environment.
Bus operators shall:
- Provide a positive and safe environment that supports students.
- Initiate and respond to communication with parents, school personnel, and Student Transportation staff.
- Work with schools and Student Transportation to provide consistent behaviour expectations for students.
- Ensure safe driving behavior.